If your personal information was affected by a 2020 Data Incident at UMass Memorial Health Care, you may be eligible for a payment and/or credit monitoring services from a class action settlement.
Para una notificación en Español
- A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against UMass Memorial Health Care, Inc. (“UMMHC” or “Defendant”) relating to a data security incident impacting Defendant’s computer systems that occurred between June 24, 2020 and January 7, 2021 (the “Data Incident”). The computer systems affected by the Data Incident contained personal identifying information and protected health information of certain individuals. The Plaintiffs claim that Defendant was responsible for the Data Incident and assert claims such as negligence, negligence per se, breach of express and implied contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and unjust enrichment. Defendant denies all of the claims.
- If you received a notification from Defendant of the Data Incident, you are included in this Settlement as a “Settlement Class Member.”
- The Settlement provides payments to people who submit valid claims for expenses and lost time relating to the Data Incident, and for credit monitoring and identity protection services. Alternately, you may forego those benefits for a cash payment of approximately $40.00 that is subject to proration, depending on how many claims are made.
- Your legal rights are affected regardless of whether you do or do not act. Read this notice carefully.
|Your Legal Rights and Options in This Lawsuit:
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM BY APRIL 14, 2023
This is the only way you can get payment or a code for credit monitoring services.
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT BY MARCH 15, 2023
Write to the Court with reasons why you do not agree with the Settlement.
|GO TO THE FINAL FAIRNESS HEARING ON MAY 23, 2023
You may ask the Court for permission for you or your attorney to speak about your objection at the Final Fairness Hearing.
You will not get any compensation or credit monitoring from this Settlement and you will give up certain legal rights. Submitting a claim form is the only way to obtain payment or credit monitoring from this Settlement.
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice, or call 1-844-696-1314.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. Payments will only be made after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and after any appeals of the Court’s order granting final approval are resolved.